Friday 15 July 2011

A Whine about Wine and the reasons for this blog

I should have known better- moving to Italy was a breeze, my sister and I are working together very well and we are yet to have an argument but it comes at a cost...

We make wine here.  My love of wearing fragrances has been causing a few problems when it comes to our wine tastings as a scent can distract from the tasting. In fact, we often remind people not to wear anything when they come...

So I haven't been wearing as much as I used to and funnily enough I have begun to notice other smells- whether it be the sulphur used in the vineyard, the caper flowers on the walls of the castle, the "porcupine" or the wonderful night air coming down from Monte Amiata behind us...

I thought I would use this space to write about those smells, and maybe the odd other smell, but always the scent of Tuscany.....

No comments:

Post a Comment